.

One Person Injured in Barbecue Fire

The fire burned the rear portion of the Long Beach home.

An early-morning barbecuer suffered second-degree facial burns Monday in a flash explosion that sparked a fire at his Long Beach home, authorities said.

Long Beach Fire Department crews were called to a home in the 600 block of East 63rd Street shortly after 6 a.m., when the explosion burned the person lighting the barbecue and ignited the rear portion of the home, said department spokesman Will Nash.

The fire was quickly knocked down, Nash said. The burn victim was hospitalized.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »