.

Family's Dog Perishes in Long Beach House Fire

Nobody was home when the Tuesday morning fire erupted, and two dogs were trapped inside, but firefighters were able to revive one of them.

The family was unharmed but a Tuesday morning fire at a Long Beach home claimed the life of one of their pet dogs, officials said. 

The Long Beach Fire Department was called at 11:15 a.m. to the home in the 400 block of Harding Street in Long Beach, where they found heasvy smoke coming from the kitchen area.

"Residents were not home at the time, however, two small dogs were inside when the fire broke out, a department e-mailed press statement said. "Unfortunately, paramedics were successful in reviving only one."

The family was unable to live in the home due to fire and smoke damage until repairs are made, an the investigation will continue to learn what started the fire, officials said. 

LBC Resident January 23, 2013 at 05:21 PM
Why is it necessary for news stations/publications to announce the death of poor animals like this? It's unnecessary and very sad. I'm sorry about the fire, but more sad for the poor dog.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »