A CHP motorcycle officer has been hospitalized and police have arrested a suspect with whom the officer crashed after an unrelted pursuit near Pine Avenue and Wardlow Road in Long Beach, police said.
CHP Officer Christian Cracraft said the crash happened at 1:37 p.m. Thursday. Long Beach Police Department Sgt. Aaron Eaton offered the following details about the crash but said further releases would come from the CHP.
Releasing this preliminary info on behalf of CHP, however, any further follow-up relating to the pursuit or collision needs to be directed to CHP:
• A CHP motor officer was in pursuit of a vehicle.
• The suspect vehicle was travelling westbound on Ward low Road in the eastbound lanes of traffic.
• The suspect vehicle struck another vehicle in the area of Wardlow Road & Pine Avenue, continued travelling a short distance, and then fled into a nearby neighborhood on foot.
• As the CHP officer arrived at the collision scene, he was involved in a collision with a completely separate vehicle.
• The CHP officer has been transported to a local hospital with what appear to be non life-threatening injuries.
• A perimeter has been established in the area of Wardlow Road and Pine Avenue.
No details were immediately available about the arrested suspect. Patch will update as we get further details.
--City News Service contributed to this story.