Long Beach Community College District has joined with a program called Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses to offer management classes to small business owners and entrepreneurs.
The Goldman Sachs program is a business management education program that offers to teach small business owners the skills to enlarge their businesses.
Small business owners selected for the program will receive a scholarship to attend the business and management education program, and get one-on-one sessions from dedicated business professionals to help the entrepreneur develop a tailored business growth plan, according to LBCC District officials.
Some of the lessons taught through the initiative are:
• Practical Business Education: Learn practical and immediately applicable skills to grow your business
• Business Support Services: Receive one-on-one business advising to help develop a strategic and tailored plan for growth
• Potential Capital to Expand: Opportunity and tools to position your business to access capital
• Network of Support: Access to a team of entrepreneurs (nationally and locally) with similar experiences and challenges
• Alumni Services: Opportunities to participate in business services and networking events after completing the program
For additional information regarding the program and to download an application and see a full list of key dates, visit http://www.socal10KSB.com.
The application deadline is 5 p.m. Oct. 24.
Educational workshops on the program will be held at Long Beach City College, 4900 E. Conant Street, Bldg. O-2, Suite 108, Long Beach.
Please RSVP to 562-938-5054 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-ins are welcome!