1. Councilman Dee Andrews to present the 6th District Budget Summit featuring public comments and suggestions for the 2014 fiscal year, expected to include a $3.5 million surplus, at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Ernest S. McBride Sr. Park, 1550 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
2. Movies in the Park concludes with a screening of The Odd Life of Timothy Green at dusk Wednesday at El Dorado East Regional Park, 7550 E. Spring St.
3. The Port of Long Beach will host open house-style workshops to share updates on the Gerald Desmond Bridge Replacement Project, Schuyler Heim Bridge Replacement Project, Middle Harbor Redevelopment Project, Anaheim Street paving and port-wide traffic management. The workshops are at 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Wednesday at the Hotel Maya, 700 Queensway Drive.
4. In case you missed it, a math teacher and Long Beach resident was charged with four counts of possessing child pornography Tuesday. Prosecutor alleged that Aaron Paul Widera posted dozens of images of child pornography on his Tumblr blogging account. He faces up to six years in prison if convicted.
5. Belmont Shore could be swallowed up by the sea if climate change is left unchecked, the Huffington Post reported. According to the National Research Center, Long Beach along with several other California coast cities could simply disappear. Tell us your thoughts on climate change in the comment.