1. The Aquarium of the Pacific, 100 Aquarium Way, presents a lecture with deep-sea explorer Edith Widder — featured on the Discovery Channel's giant squid documentary — who will showcase an underwater photography exhibit featuring her digitally enhanced images of marine life at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
2. Moonlight Movies on the Beach continues with a screening of “Jaws” at 8 p.m. Tuesday at Granada Beach, 5101 E. Ocean Blvd.
3. In case you missed it, a judge ordered Lebrette Winn, 22, to stand trial for allegedly kidnapping a minor and forcing into prostitution and raping and disfiguring a woman whom he is also allegedly hired out for sex Monday. Let us know your thoughts on this in the comment.
4. Gas price fell for the 38th day in a row Monday, according to AAA. The average price for regular unleaded gasoline in Los Angeles County is $3.838, a four-tenth of a cent decrease from Sunday — the lowest it’s been since Jan. 30.
5. The city will hold a special City Council meeting at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 333 W. Ocean Blvd. On the agenda is the 2014 Public Works, Parks, Recreation & Marine, Library Services, City Prosecutor budgets. Public comments are welcome.